Account Manager – Healthcare & Life Sciences (HLS) – Instinctif Partners, London
We are strategic reputation advisors, partnering with our clients to navigate change, mitigate risk and build value through communications that influence and engage the right audiences in the right way.
We work with over 850 clients globally, from FTSE100 enterprises to small to medium sized companies just starting out on their journey. We are 300 people in 9 offices, working across 5 practice areas and a range of sector specialisms.
We’re looking for an Account Manager to join our Healthcare and Life Sciences specialism.
We deliver communications programmes focused on enhancing the value proposition for companies seeking investment, partnerships or customers. Our clients range from start-ups to multi-nationals, across the sectors – from hospitals, med-tech and health tech, to pharma, CROs, biotech and specialist VCs. All have a common goal to make a difference.
Account Manager (HLS) – The Role
- Point person for everyday account management activities for a portfolio of clients
- Develop and maintain close media relationships to identify both earned and paid media opportunities, including coverage of client news and inclusion in relevant round up pieces.
- Copywrite /copyedit client materials e.g. press releases, web copy, marketing emailers etc.
- Demonstrate commercial awareness, including the ability to take responsibility and raise issues with account lead e.g. understanding value-add activities, identifying over or under servicing, client feedback etc. when necessary.
- Proactively suggest creative ideas which complement client core PR and/or marketing programmes e.g. speaker opportunities, award submissions, commissioning research, spotting media opportunities.
- Actively reading around sector and current affairs to continually deepen understanding of sector and keep team and clients updated.
- Identify and take forward opportunities to develop own skill sets and knowledge, as well as those of the team e.g. internal and external training, industry body members events and networking.
- Research and support in the drafting of new business credentials, case studies, presentations.
- Supporting senior team in new business meetings and pitches, attending as appropriate.
Account Manager (HLS) – The Person
- Experience in a PR or marketing communications role.
- Experience and understanding of working in a HLS field
- Degree in a life sciences subject helpful, but not essential; however, an underlying interest in the HLS sector important.
- Proven ability to build rapport with colleagues and stakeholders.
– 25 days of holiday + 3.5 days for Christmas break + your birthday off
– 2 personal days to use for either moving house, getting married or religious celebrations etc
– Private health insurance
– Pension scheme
– Enhanced maternity & paternity leave
– Paid Emergency parental leave (up to 5 days)
– 2 volunteer days
– Individual and across social celebrations
At Instinctif Partners and Truth we promote a working environment in which diversity is recognised, valued and encouraged. We acknowledge the multicultural and diverse nature of the UK workforce and society in general. We are committed to principles of fairness and mutual respect. We particularly welcome applicants from those who are significantly underrepresented in our sector.