Our clients strive to create value for their investors in an increasingly challenging environment. We strive to ensure their efforts are understood and appreciated by a diverse group of audiences. Beyond a regular programme of capital markets communication, we know clients need trusted, expert advice for major, strategic activities. IPOs require preparation and execution, the purpose of fund raisings made clear. Mergers and acquisitions need to be meticulously planned and explained. We work in partnership with Chief Executives and their senior teams to help deliver the vision that powers their businesses. We connect our clients with the financial community, the media, customers and employees with insight and expertise.
Instinctif Partners is looking for an an ambitious, self-starting, Associate Director to join the growing UK Capital markets team.
You will be joining one of the UK’s leading Consumer, Leisure and Hospitality practices, working with an exciting portfolio of market leading brand names – experience in this sector would be an advantage, but is not essential.
You will be responsible for managing day to day activity of these clients as well as helping to build and secure client relationships, including ensuring consistent quality control management over all client activities.
You will have a proven track record of delivering high quality work across a number of clients and have comprehensive knowledge of financial communications and regulatory best practice. You will also be comfortable managing and engaging with clients at a senior level (BOARD/CEO/CFO/COO).
The successful candidate will be representing Instinctif Partners at relevant industry forums, conferences and seminars. You should expect to be enthusiastic about participating in marketing and winning new business, including demonstrating a strong commercial awareness.
General Responsibilities Include:
- Build proactive and positive relationships with clients at all levels
- Deliver consistent quality control over all client activities
- Run client meetings and be is able to sunstitute for Director or Managing Director at client meetings
- Able to generate own new business leads
- Pitch other Instinctif services to clients where appropriate
- Well-developed networking and relationship-building skills
- Well-developed crisis management consultancy skills
- Accomplished presentation skills
- Able to manage a high profile, price sensitive media situation
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of financial statements
- Good relationships with sector and business journalists
- Establishing network of broker and new business contacts at companies
- Good relationships with analyst community
- Increasing understanding of transactions and corporate finance matters
- Can lead an IPO, transaction or crisis if required
- Comprehensive knowledge of regulatory best practice and keep up to date with evolving market practice
- Give high level strategic advice – starting to advise at Board level – and is seen by clients as leading the delivery on their account
- Deliver coaching to clients, either formally in media training/presentation skills workshops for example, or informal sessions
- Utilise knowledge gained and share best practice advice across the Instinctif business
- Represent Instinctif Partners at relevant industry forums, conferences and seminars
- Demonstrate commercial awareness, including understanding of service level against fee income – take the initiative and responsibility for raising issues as necessary
- Ensure client teams manage clients in line with expectations
- Promote client news internally via internal platforms
- Demonstrate an understanding of the team/ Group financial reporting and achievement of KPIs
- Show maturity of judgement commensurate with role and exhibit leadership capabilites
- Work with Managing Partner to ensure succesful growth of the sector franchise, including appropriate training for team members and leading new business initiatives
- Is known to and respected by Directors and Managing Directors across the Group
- Manage direct reports – advising, mentoring and teaching as appropriate to ensure colleagues’ career progression
- Understand and implement the Instinctif Partners appraisal process and if requested provides input for appraisals in a timely manner
- Committed to developing leadership skills
Skills and experience
- It is essential that the individual is articulate in English and writes well
- A disciplined yet flexible approach to managing different project and client needs, with an ability to work under pressure and juggle multiple client requirements simultaneously as/when required
- A client-centric approach and mindset
- Attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
- A good ‘can-do’ attitude to work – as part of a team and independently
- 8+ years’ work experience