We are driven by the ability to make a difference. Instinctif Partners Public Affairs Ireland is a leading government relations and public and corporate affairs consultancy in Ireland. Working with local and international companies, our role is to identify the trends, direction and likely outcomes of various legislative and political initiatives in Ireland and to act on these initiatives in collaboration with our clients.
Working across a range of sectors and using our extensive knowledge of decision-making procedures in Ireland, we deliver a comprehensive service that includes policy analysis, engagement, strategic information services, advice, public relations campaigns, coalition building and profile-raising activities.
We’re looking for an ambitious Research Assistant to support our growing team. This entry level position is perfect for someone who is interested in kick starting a career in public relations and public affairs in a growing consultancy working across a wide range of sectors. The position is a full-time fixed term 6 month contract, with a start date in January 2022.
Responsibilities Include But Not Limited To:
- Conducting research on policy issues and regulatory structures
- Monitoring Irish legislative developments and transposition of EU legislation in Ireland
- Supporting the implementation of external communications projects
- Drafting reports, providing summaries, updating legislative databases
- Attending conferences and events to network and report back
- Administrative tasks (answering phones, welcoming guests, supporting colleagues)
- Academic background in European studies / political science / international relations / law preferred
- Strong motivation to learn and work in Public Affairs and Corporate Communications
- Awareness of political parties, major political issues and their dynamics in Ireland
- Social media awareness
- Excellent research and communication skills
- Flexibility and interest to work on multiple policy fields in parallel
- Well-organised, sociable and pro-active attitude
- Graphic design skills and familiarity with Canva will be considered a strong asset, but not essential
Our Success Is Underpinned By Our Values:
- Truth always matters – We listen hard before speaking. We tell the truth to our clients and ourselves, building trust through transparency and honesty.
- Respect creates trust – We respect each other, embracing diversity of background and opinion, while treating others with kindness. We respect our clients and this fosters the trust that enables us to tell the truth.
- Challenge makes change – We challenge each other and our clients to stay ahead of change in our accelerating world.
- Growth creates strength – We understand the commercial imperatives of our business and the businesses of our clients; we support and empower them and each other on the path to growth.
- Responsibility benefits all – We want to be a force for good within the societies in which we operate, while encouraging our clients to articulate their purpose beyond profit.