Practice Area: Public Policy
Instinctif Partners Public Affairs Ireland
We are a leading government relations and public and corporate affairs consultancy in Ireland. Working with local and international companies, our role is to identify the trends, direction, and likely outcomes of various legislative and political initiatives and to act on these initiatives in collaboration with our clients.
Working across a range of sectors and using our extensive knowledge of decision-making procedures, we deliver a comprehensive service that includes policy analysis, engagement, strategic information services, advice, public relations, coalition building and profile-raising activities.
We are looking for a talented, ambitious and career driven Account Manager to support our exciting public affairs and public relations work in Ireland. This position is perfect for someone who is interested in building a career in public relations and public affairs in a growing consultancy working across a wide range of sectors.
• 3rd level degree, preferably in journalism, law, political communications, or public relations.
• At least 3 years’ experience in a PA / PR consultancy or in-house environment is essential.
• Strong knowledge of the Irish media and political landscape, including a general interest in current affairs and the legislative system.
• Excellent copywriting, editing and proofreading skills including experience in developing policy documents, position papers, communications strategies, and press materials.
• In-depth understanding and experience of digital communications and social media.
• Proven ability of to work across multiple, diverse sectors, including prioritisation of your workload and meeting tight turn-around times when required.
• Experience working on PR and media relations campaigns, including an ability to ‘pitch a story’ and communicate effectively with traditional and online media.
• Proven ability to work well as part of a small team but also to use own initiative and creativity.
General responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop, manage, and execute overall public affairs and public relations programmes for clients.
• Lead the drafting of consultation responses, position papers, amendments, press releases, speeches, announcements, reports, and presentation materials, etc. sometimes under a tight timeframe.
• Build proactive and positive relationships with and on behalf of clients.
• Identify and set-up opportunities for engagement with policy makers on behalf of clients.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with journalists to maximise client exposure opportunities.
• Initiate and manage creative digital and social media content strategies, including advising, monitoring, and reporting on the same.
• Provide support to drive new and existing business and manage pitch process.
• Conduct new business research and be able to leverage your knowledge to present insightful analysis.
• Work closely with colleagues across global offices on new business opportunities and on current clients.
Please send your CV and cover letter to David O’Donnell (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line ‘Account Manager’ by Friday, 2nd July 2021.
In your cover letter please outline why you feel you are a good fit for Instinctif Partners and details of your three years’ experience working in public affairs or public relations.