Account Executive – Public Policy – Instinctif Partners, London
Our UK Public Policy team have a long-established team specialising in helping our clients engage with local communities, officials, politicians and the planning system. This work crosses many sectors including the built environment, energy, tech, health, retail and leisure. We work right across the UK, sometimes with trusted partners on the ground.
We’re looking for an Account Executive to help our Public Policy Team engage political stakeholders at a national, local and regional level as well as local communities and other stakeholders. They will help our team to advise clients on how politics might affect their business and operations, both nationally and locally; and how to successfully engage with stakeholders to achieve their goals.
As Instinctif is a consultancy that helps clients understand and affect public policy issues – whether through engaging with Westminster and Whitehall, the media, or local communities and councils – the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a range of different projects. Travel across the UK will be required to support meetings and events.
Account Executive – The Role
- Undertaking research and analysis on a wide range of public policy issues.
- Helping to develop strategies and tactics to allow clients to clearly and successfully articulate their voice, whether that is with local or national level stakeholders, or utilising media or social media channels.
- Assisting with local stakeholder engagement projects, primarily on planning applications in the built environment space, including for renewable energy and housing.
- Attending community surveys, stakeholder and community consultation events.
- Drafting materials, such as issue briefings or policy statements in a succinct, but compelling way.
- Drafting releases, statements and stories for the media on matters of political and public policy interest.
- Engaging with journalists
Account Executive – The Person
- A Keen interest in public affairs both at Westminster, local government and regional levels.
- Ideally the candidate may have had some experience of working for an MP, local council or political party or may worked in-house such as for a charity or a business or in a stakeholder outreach role.
- Strong research and policy analysis abilities.
- An appreciation of different influencers and perspectives in the media.
- The candidate will enjoy variety in the role, this is not a job that involves working from a computer every day, it is essential that the candidate enjoys attending events, meeting people and talking with stakeholders and communities.
– 25 days of holiday + 3.5 days for Christmas break + your birthday off
– 2 personal days to use for either moving house, getting married or religious celebrations etc
– Private health insurance
– Pension scheme
– Enhanced maternity & paternity leave
– Paid Emergency parental leave (up to 5 days)
– 2 volunteer days
– Individual and across social celebrations
At Instinctif Partners and Truth we promote a working environment in which diversity is recognised, valued and encouraged. We acknowledge the multicultural and diverse nature of the UK workforce and society in general. We are committed to principles of fairness and mutual respect. We particularly welcome applicants from those who are significantly underrepresented in our sector.