October 10, 2016
Instinctif Partners Limited and its subsidiary or associated companies and undertakings (together ‘Instinctif Partners’) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Instinctif Partners is a registered data controller under the Data Protection Act 1998 (“Act”).
This policy (together with our terms and conditions of supply) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Your name, address, telephone number and email address.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our websites and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to third parties. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
What are cookies?
There is a technology called “cookies” which can be used to provide you with tailored information from a web site by distinguishing you from other users. A cookie is an element of data that a web site can send to your browser, which may then be stored on your computer system. This element of data is a piece of text file of letters and number, not a program that we store on your browser or hard drive of your computer if you agree. The Site can only access the information from a cookie sent by the Site. We cannot access other cookies sent by other web sites or the information contained therein. Additionally, we cannot learn your email address or any other information about you through the use of a cookie. The only way we would learn such information is if you specifically submit that information to us.
Cookies enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our websites according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our websites.
May I decline to accept a cookie?
You may decline to accept cookies sent by the Site by selecting an option on your browser to reject cookies or you can also use the Cookie panel to make your choice. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies you may not be able to access all parts of our site
What benefits do I receive from cookies?
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyse how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
The information we collect:
You may choose to provide us with personal information about yourself, such as your name and address, so that we can respond to your requests for information.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted, however, your payment details will not be retained or stored by us after payment has been received.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our websites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How we use information collected
Any information that you supply to Instinctif or data that we collect will be processed by or on behalf of Instinctif. You agree that we may, and we confirm that we will only use, the information you provide to us or the data that we collect for the following reasons:
- to send You information you have specifically requested
- to process on-line job applications and where you have submitted a job-application we may for a reasonable period keep your details on file for future reference should a suitable position subsequently become available
- to help us develop the website to be more useful to you
- for marketing and website user processing research or analysis
- information may also be shared between companies within Instinctif and with our selected business partners to enable us to respond to your enquiries and requests more effectively and efficiently
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- to carry out Our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- to notify you about changes to our service
We may also use your data to provide you with information about products which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by post or telephone.
We may contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about products similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you, however where we permit selected third parties to use your data or where we would like to contact you with information about products not similar to those which are the subject of a previous sale to you, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way please tick the relevant box situated on the order page of our websites on which we collect your data.
We will not, in any instance, sell or release your information to third parties unless we are required to do so by law.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our Group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Instinctif or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Instinctif, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
When you use this website and provide us with personal information you are agreeing that we may use your personal information for the purposes set out in this policy.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting our customer services department at email@example.com
Our websites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Instinctif takes all reasonable security measures to protect personal information from loss, unauthorised access, destruction, misuse, modification or disclosure. As far as permissible under law, Instinctif accepts no responsibility for the unauthorised access of personal information held by Instinctif.
If you require your record to be removed or amended please write to the Company Secretary at the address below with proof of identification.
Telephone: 0207 457 2020
Instinctif Partners Limited, 65 Gresham Street, London, EC2V 7NQ
Registered in England & Wales, no. 01036926