November 3, 2017
Our Weekly NewsletterContact
- Private Equity is turning its back on investing in bricks and mortar retail stores in the age of online shopping. Is the sector being rash and destroying successful brands or is this proof that online retail has won? From Institutional Investor, 26/10/17
- The tiny Pacific Island of Yap once used giant stones as its currency. Now, thousands of years later, this ancient form of economy may have the answers to the future of our digital finances. From Quartz, 27/10/17
- A fascinating long-read that looks at where Facebook will find its next 2 billion users, and gives a frank assessment of whether Facebook’s modus operandi is an online community or civilisation’s biggest collector of personal information: From The Times, 29/10/17
- A survey of UK SMEs has found that most see banks as utility providers, not business partners. It also found that the relationship is severely lacking when it comes to providing innovative services and advice to help SMEs grow: From RealWire.com, 31/10/17
- PriceWaterhouseCooper has released its much-anticipated Asset Management 2020. It foresees as much as $100 trillion under management by 2020, and with such a responsibility, questions whether asset managers must both create positive social impact and deliver the clear message that they are a force for good, to investors and policymakers. From PwC, 01/11/17
This week our client CME revealed it will soon offer Bitcoin futures, putting the crypto-currency on par with gold and oil. This news saw Bitcoin hit record highs and for many, finally legitimised the currency.
In just ten years the currency has gone from an underground bartering chip to a global recognised, mainstream commodity. Some analysts predict this new offering will help stabilise a historically volatile commodity, while others are concerned that the financial markets do not know enough about what’s driving Bitcoin to make safe investments based upon its movements. Regardless, this is a major announcement that continues to shape the narrative on the future of digital currencies.